International Finance Manager/Director
Our client is an engineering consultancy looking to take on a Finance Director on a permanent basis to join their Woking office. The selected candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with experience in overseas group company management, foreign exchange transactions and company reporting requirements. As the Finance Director, you will be hands-on with company finances and will be responsible for commercial activities such as payroll and cash flow management.
The successful candidate will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and will analyse figures and implement recommendations with the most profitable outcomes.
• Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Operations Director
and other Senior staff both in the UK and overseas.
• Provide leadership and Accounting strategy.
• Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
• Preparation of accounts to IFRS standards.
• Ensure that company financial systems are compliant and support current
activities and future growth.
• Lead and develop finance team.
• Responsible for all corporate reporting including corporate budgeting
• Take responsibility for the company cash management policies.
• Prepare monthly management accounts..
• Oversee cash flow management.
• Manage budgeting and forecasting process, including variances..
• Develop relationships with external advisors, e.g. solicitors and banks
• Liaise with auditors for annual reporting
• Deliver on HMRC reporting.
• Complete VAT returns.
• Present year end accounts.
• Responsible for all insurances.
• Responsible for company bank accounts and administration.
• Undertake cost-benefit analysis for financial opportunities
• Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will
impact the business (eg IR35 etc).
• Management System - Process owner for Finance & Accounting, Risk, Legal.
• Where required, input to contract reviews.
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
• Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, with the ability to operate at
both strategic and operational levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills/
• Strong IT skills.
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure, multiple tight deadlines and critical
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.