Our client is a major company in the UK Water Sector. They currently have a vacancy for a Wastewater Treatment Regional Operations Manager to join them on a permanent basis in South London. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the O&M activity in the South Region. Day to day, the role will involve operational delivery and significant stakeholder management. Direct reports include three operational managers, technical and stakeholder managers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for driving operational performance forward following a specific structure of activities that are aligned by region; these include safety, continuous improvement and production scheduling. In addition to this, a significant aspect of the role is driving process improvements both technical and behavioural as an essential driver to remove cost from the business.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a large team motivating and directing the team to improve performance through a focussed plan, providing effective communication around the overall objective to all members of the team.
- Strong financial and commercial awareness ensuring adherence to budget and drive accountability to ensure employees are commercially minded.
- Management of multiple stakeholders, developing sustainable relationships with treatment and the wider waste business.
- Accelerate business plans.
- Ensure strong environmental performance, including responsibility for odour control across all of waste treatment.
- Operational leadership background in wastewater process-related industries
- An understanding of industrial processes.
- Ability to maximise operational performance at all levels and the ability to drive change.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills as well as a hands on approach.
- 26 days holiday.
- Pension match of up to 6%.
- Wider benefits scheme - ticket loans, benefits on tap and loyalty awards.