Job Title: Project Manager
Our client is a specialist contractor in the UK Water Sector. They are a growing national company supplying specialist services to the water industry, the Environment Agency and a broad range of private clients. Our clients’ United Utilities Delivery Team have a fantastic long term relationship with the client and need to add to the existing capability to better deliver the schemes and build the delivery team.
Our client are looking for a Project Manager to work for them on a permanent basis in the Liverpool/Manchester Region. The selected candidate will focus on improving existing assets and work on a diverse range of sites for United Utilities. Our clients’ work is key to delivering safe and clean water to the people of the North West.
Reporting to the Regional Delivery Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for delivering client projects in a highly collaborative and proactive manner, ensuring that work is completed within clearly defined budgets and timescales. This multi-site role covers the whole of the North West and travel may be required into other areas to support other teams and attend meetings on an ad hoc basis.
Our client are looking for someone with the drive to develop and also bring new ideas, skillsets and innovations to improve on the existing strong foundation we have in project delivery. Working as the lead for a small local delivery team our client are looking for someone to get hands on with project delivery and building client relationships and develop the team over time.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience, two of which must have been in a managerial role
• Understanding in the delivery of civil engineering projects
• Able to work alone and using own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks
• Full clean UK driving licence
• A good communicator, able to liaise confidently and deal with a variety of people including the client, suppliers and wider team members face-to- face, in writing and on the telephone
• Organised, focused and self-determined
• Possess a positive attitude and be committed to high levels of care for staff and the client
• Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements
• Strong IT skills, in particular MS Excel
• Possess a nationally recognised certificate of Health and Safety or NEBOSH qualification
• Experience gained within the water industry, ideally clean water industry
• Some experience of specialist coatings, concrete repairs etc ideal but not essential
Salary of up to £50k
Company car or car allowance circa £4k
24 days' paid holiday
Private Medical Insurance
6% company pension contribution
Training and advancement opportunities
Death in service benefit
Hundreds of discounts using Salary Extras