Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Excellent new opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in London on a contract or permanent basis.
Our client delivers a varied range of projects to sectors including Rail, Aviation, Education, Healthcare, Sport and Leisure.
Due to an increasing workload, they are seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to lead on selected rail projects.
As the selected Principal Electrical Engineer, you will play a key role in the building services team.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Designing and specifying electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Reporting and reviewing electrical engineering options, and creating final proposals
- Acting as a technical mentor for junior engineers
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of a wide range of projects including airports, rail, education, industrial, retail and commercial buildings
- Manage engineering teams comprising building services engineers, but if required, structural engineers and civil engineers
- Take or support financial control of projects Train and mentor junior Engineers
- Understand client and market requirements
- Assist with bidding and developing the business
- Be capable of managing digital delivery and developing the BIM capability and 3D modelling
- Be capable to manage company remote design delivery teams.
- Attending project design team meetings
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines in order to successfully deliver the project
- Liaising with the client and other key stakeholders
- Assist in the management of the commercial and contractual side of projects
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Experience within the rail sector
- Chartered status with CIBSE
- Experience in Energy, Defence, Rail or Healthcare would be desirable
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and legislation
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Business development experience
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
Successful candidates will be offered training opportunities to develop key skills for line and project management, as well as coaching to support achieving career development aspirations.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Athena Antoniou on 02392 603030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please apply directly using the “Apply” option below.