Our client are a global manufacturing company who have a fantastic opportunity for a Production and Materials Controller to join them in the Southampton area. The selected candidate will join their Connectivity department and report into the Logistics Manager.
This role is
responsible for the procurement and management of necessary materials and
components, and production planning on a daily basis. Attention to meeting customer product requirements and lead-times is paramount within the cost criteria and quality specifications.
• Process call-off purchase orders to meet agreed delivery dates, expedite and amend
when necessary. Provide interface to resolve invoice queries etc.
• Use the B2B system to procure tools, stationery, PPE etc.
• Liaise with Engineering to resolve engineering changes, manage reservations, attend
the EPM, complete item masters etc.
• Confirm sales orders and update sales order progress (inc OSO).
• Optimise inventory levels.
• Process Non-Conformance Reports. Liaise with Quality
• Liaise with Purchasing for best price breaks, lead-times and MOQs to suit the
• Plan production using SAP 1C, Release shop floor paperwork and liaise with the
Production Manager and Process Engineering.
• Manage the tool movement process and plan tool trials.
• Manage the office team
• Provide reports and schedules ( OTD / Delivery schedule for suppliers )
Degree qualified or equivalent level with proven experience within a fast-paced purchasing and production environment.
You will also be able to demonstrate proven analytical and problem-solving skills within a manufacturing environment together with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers.
You will also have excellent inter-personal awareness to enable lasting relationships to be built with both internal and external partners and be a confident and self-motivated team player.
You will also have excellent organisation skills and must be flexible to meet demanding deadlines.
A sound knowledge of Microsoft office
software such as Excel and Outlook is essential.
Previous experience using MRP (SAP) software is preferred, with the ability to interpret and
action data whilst maintaining focus on improvements to the process
25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme: employee (4%) and employer (up to 8%)
On site car parking
reimbursement of Optical, Dental, Chiropody, Consultant fees up to set limits.